Monday, November 24, 2008

Lately

I know it has been forever since I have posted an update. Many apologies. Life here has been CRAZY!

We had a few people over the Saturday after Avery's birthday...it was a great turnout, especially since we still don't know that many people here, yet. Billy attempted to do a brisket on the grill and nearly burned down the entire neighborhood. Needless to say, we need a new grill! Luckily I was at Walmart picking up a few last minute provisions for the party when it happened. He called me on my cell phone and asked me to pick up another brisket...but we had not time for that! And I thought he may have been over-exagerating. I was wrong. It looked like a giant charcoal briquet. I managed to trim it up and salvage it. Oddly enough, everyone loved it. I guess it's because we can't really get good BBQ here. Or maybe they just felt sorry for us.
Then on Monday, I started 12s at work. 7am until 7pm until further notice. As if work wasn't stressful enough. I could go on and on with this subject, but I won't. As it is, Billy and I hardly get to see eachother. We have been working opposite shifts since July, and he's in classes at night twice a week working on his degree. So I have to work 4am until 4pm on Mondays and Wednesdays to accomodate his school. So Tuesdays and Thursdays I am dragging because I barely get 8 hours between shifts. What a mess! The only good thing is that I have moved back to day shift.

Avery has been doing really well since her surgery. She is so much more vocal. She has learned to say "Hi!" and loves to say it to anyone and everyone we pass on the street or at the grocery store. It is so cute. She added a Miss America Wave to her "Hi!" and everyone thinks it is so adorable. She loves to be the center of attention and loves all the reactions she gets from everyone. She is certainly our little diva in training!
Tomorrow, the Gazzaway Girls are headed to the arctic north (Idaho) to spend Thanksgiving with my parents and baby sister (she's 20). I am so excited to see them. My Brother and his family will be driving over from Oregon as well...So it will be a houseful of grand-daughters for Grandma and Grandpa. My brother has 3 daughters...I am interested to see how Avery interacts with them. Anyway, poor Billy has to work, so we are going solo. This is Avery's first flight. I will be lap carrying her, so we will see how this works out. It is right at her nap time, so hopefully she will sleep. The flight is only an hour and a half.

















Happy Thanksgiving to all of our friends and family. Until next time.....

3 comments:

Our Complete Family said...

Hi Billy & Emily!
I just wanted to wish you a good Turkey Day and safe travels, Emily.
Lots of holiday hugs and prayers,
Les and the fam

Britton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Britton said...

BG & Emily
Hope things are going great for you both in CA. Avery is so cute and getting big. We hope you both had a great Thanksgiving and wanted to let you know that we miss you in PC. Hopefully TX holds on and makes it to the big game. I know we will have a better season next year. AFNORTH is in the process of moving into the new building which is a cluster. Take it easy and Merry Christmas.
Your friends
Jamie, Kim and Braylon