Thursday, November 13, 2008

All the better to hear you with....


Avery had tubes put in her ears today. Seeing her in that all too familiar little yellow hospital gown with her little tiny ankle ID bracelet was almost too much to bear. I went through all the what-ifs and turned it over to God and prayed. Then I asked her big brother to watch over her since we couldn't be in there with her. After what seemed like an eternity in the waiting room, but was probably only a half hour, we were called back to recovery. The nurse told us to follow the screaming, and there she was, mad as all get out and SO thirsty. No amount of comforting would sooth her, until we walked out into the sunshine, and then it turned off like a light switch.

She took a really long nap today, 4 hours. When she woke up, I fed her until I thought she would burst. An hour later she was ready for round 2. I think she ate more than I did today!! She played long and hard after dinner and is sleeping peacefully in her crib. It is a relief that it is all over.

One of the great things about today was that now that she can hear so much better, she has been more vocal than normal. I hope it lasts. She was singing and dancing and talking up a storm after dinner. I couldn't help all the smiling. It was a perfect end to a not so perfect day. I am so proud of her. She is one tough little cookie.

Tomorrow she will be ONE. It is so hard to believe. Time goes so fast. I look back over the past year and realize how truly blessed I am and have been in my life. To be loved by 2 amazing kids and my amazing husband...I am rich beyond words.














4 comments:

Long Family said...

Happy Birthday Avery! We love you and can't wait to see you soon.

Love,
Uncle Lee, Aunt Anna, Boo, Mal and Avi

Terrell, JoAnn, Jordan and Tanner James said...

Well, what can I say. It is your birthday already and I can't believe you are 1. I remember just a year ago when your daddy was texting me your picture the day you were born, or should I say the night you were born.
I hope you have the most wonderful 1st birthday and I need to get your gift sent to you. I love you and HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY!!
Jo

Congrats on the tubes! Isn't it amazing how wonderful they are!

Nancy said...

Happy first birthday Avery!

Lenzie's Nana Sue Jeffries said...

...♥...Avery glad you can hear so much better now. When your ears are bad you only hear like as if you were under water they say. You are one beautiful little girl. Happy thimgs went well...♥...

I always forget the way I'm suppose to sign onto your site so at times can't leave a message as forgot how I sign in. Doesn't mean I'm not thinking of you though. I wish you had still been here in Florida so we could have come to your Birthday party. Maybe one day you will be back here and we can. I know you were a mess after that Chocolate Cake, but it sure looked yummy...

Happy Thanksgiving Gazzaway's!!!

♥...Love, Lenzie's Nana Sue & Family...♥