Friday, December 5, 2008

Idaho Follies

Hey Ya'll! We made it home safe and sound from Idaho. I am so proud to report that Avery is a pro at flying. I got so many compliments at how well behaved she was on the plane. She was asleep before we left the runway and woke up about 5 minutes before we landed in Salt Lake. And the same was true for the ride home. When searching for our flight times, I tried to get them as close to her sleep schedule as possible.





Avery and I had such a great time visiting with the fam. It was so awesome to see how Avery interacted with everyone. True to who she is, she wanted nothing to do with any of us girls. It was all grandpa, grandpa, grandpa...And of course he loved it!

















We got to meet Ryan, who is AB FAB...such a nice guy. I was so impressed at how relaxed he was around the family. I forget that Sarah and Ryan have dated on and off for something like 3 years or so... Welcome to the craziness Ryan.


Avery also got to meet her cousins, Haliey, Malerie and Avi. At first she didn't know what to make of all the girliness, but as long as grandpa was around, she was okay with it.




On the way home, I got stuck in the security checkpoint because I was carrying concealed moose meat in my carry on. It was funny. They completely dismantled my carry-on and rescanned the moose meat and Avery's little mommy doll seperately from everything else. Her doll is completely filled with wires and batteries. I can only imagine was the whole mess looked like through the security scanner. I got a few good laughs, and the TSA guys thought it was pretty humorous as well.
Since we have been home, Avery has been pretty sick. I have been pulling doubles all week... Working all night and taking care of her during the day. Currently I am running on half a Starbucks frappucino and a chocolate chip cookie. We have the Christmas tree lighting ceremony on base tomorrow, so I made Ch. chip cookies to take. We leave in @ 2 weeks for Colorado for Christmas.
I can't wait.

No comments: