Monday, March 23, 2009

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Everyday I go to work and have a short, but important list of things I must get accomplished on that particular day. Today, my list had 3 things on it...this is in addition to the other million things I must get done on any given day. Today, I got nothing done on my list. Instead, I put out fires all day....From the moment I walked in the door.


Someone was sick and could not attend scheduled training, someone needed a pre-testing interview for an end of course exam, someone needed specific training scheduled for deployment. I volunteered to teach a career progression seminar a few weeks ago for this Wednesday, to which no one from the requesting agency ever returned my email...or phone calls...which required me to get in my car and "hunt down" an answer.

Turns out the sick person actually had a broken back, the interviewee failed a portion of the interview (which I graciously sat in on for over an hour) and must now re-interview on Wednesday morning, and the seminar is being taught by someone else

...and I still haven't found anyone to do my measurements for my PT test on Wednesday afternoon.

I am beginning to feel like everything that I have learned in my career is only to frustrate and annoy me, because no matter how hard I try to get ahead of the game, I am very much reactive at work instead of proactive.


I have to rebuild a master training plan before Friday, elst I will "be on the carpet, doing the dance"...as it is I have to see "the man" on Saturday morning at 0600 'cause someone who has been in the military for 6 years forgot how to tell military time and showed up 2 hours late to an appointment. Did i mention Billy works Friday night and doesn't get off of work until 0700 Saturday morning? I wonder if I can bring Avery to my 0600 tounge-lashing????



I forgot I joined 13 years ago so I could spend my days chasing around grown adults who fail to make it to appointments that they have scheduled for themselves. If it were up to me, I would dock pay for missed appointments. I bet there would be far less missed appointments

At the end of the day, it all melts away...I go to pick up the princess from daycare and none of it matters anymore. She takes it all away.



We made homemade pizza for dinner tonight. I made Chicken-Artichoke-Mushroom-Olive-and Pepper-Ring Pizza. It was AWESOME. Billy made pepperoni-canadian bacon-mushroom-olive-and pineapple pizza.


It was close, but he even admitted I won this one.


In the mean-time, Avery proved she is truly the smartest 16 month old in the universe by teaching herself this:




And then proved she is also the cutest 16 month old in the universe at bedtime....




No comments: