Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Seriously

So I had weekend duty this weekend. Can I rant for a moment and tell you how much I HATE working on the weekends? Seriously. I mean, don't get me wrong, I get a huge sense of accomplishment from my job, saving the world from bad guys and jihad, I just wish I didn't have to do it on Saturday and Sunday. Oh and let's not forget that Monday was a holiday, so I had to work Monday, too. Oh, and let's also not forget that Saturday was Valentine's Day, too. If I ever meet a terrorist, I am going to ask him to please take a break from tyrany and World Dominion on Saturdays and Sundays. It is seriously affecting my family time. Seriously.



Billy and Avery had a great time, though. Avery got to wear all kinds of not matching outfits with really messy hair. She was sporting the "not quite clean" look all weekend as well. Seriously. I love that about them...They are both kids and played so hard this weekend. They pushed almost every one of Avery's toys down her slide. She was determined to get the moo up the stairs and down the slide, all on her own. Eventually she did let her Daddy help her.


My favorite part of the weekend, was coming home every night to a squealing 15 month old...Who ran just as fast as her little legs could go...down the hallway to hug me and kiss me and love on me as though she has not seen me in 5 days. Seriously.



She has let me rock her at bedtime the past few weeks. I am so loving that, too. Miss Independent has been falling asleep on her own in her crib since she was about 6 months old. Forget sleeping with Momma and Daddy. Not in a million years...unless she is sick. Seriously. I know I am a lucky parent and shouldn't complain, but sometimes, I just don't get enough loves from her during the day.


So, seriously, I guess it wasn't so bad working this past weekend. There is comfort knowing how much you are loved, missed and needed at the end of the day.




Seriously.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss Avery is quite the cutie. I am so happy to see that she is happy ALL the time:) What a blessing. Hope you and Billy are doing well in Cali! Thinking of you all,

Anissa

Nic said...

Avery is as adorable as ever! Even if she is mismatched and sporting the "not quite clean" look! I'm glad to know that we're not the only family that sports that look whenever daddy is in charge! :D

I, too, think terrorists should take the weekends off. As if our military members don't give enough of their time as it is.

~Nicole
and the rest of the Sims gang!