Monday, February 23, 2009

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday to my amazing husband! This is the 12th birthday I have been able to share with him. The 11th birthday as his wife. I look back and try to remember all of them. I remember our first birthday as husband and wife, I was at Milstar School in Georgia. I sent him dinner and a movie, since I figured that we would probably do that if I was home. I sent Forrest Gump on VHS and a gift certificate to Applebees. February 1998. That was so long ago. It is amazing how much we have been through since then. There is some cliche thing I should probably write now about how much things change and yet always remain the same....but I won't. Our lives are anything but cliche and ordinary. I love you, babe. Without all the cliche "best friend, forever and ever, soul-mate" stuff. Even though you are all that stuff, you are so much more. You are my strength and carry me. You make it all worth it.

Anyway, Billy wanted to go snowboarding for his birthday, so he went to Squaw Valley on Saturday. One of the few things I like about living here, is that almost everywhere we want to go snowboarding is free for us since we are military. We pay $15.00 for a shuttle ride from the Outdoor Rec center on base. It's nice. After a log day of boarding, you can load up your gear and sleep all the way home. Oh, and we save $74.00, 'cause that's how much a lift ticket costs for everyone else.


I told him he had to take pictures....Here's his loot:




Billy is pretty easy to please...But I wanted to do something special for him this year. I comissioned an artist to do a charcoal sketch of him and the kids. And he loved it. It's about 16x20...The picture makes it seem so small.



I also made his Grandma Fohey's carrot cake for his birthday cake, which he hasn't had since he was in highschool. It was a nice day. It is the least I could do for him. I love you, babe. Here's to 50 more birthday's together.....

1 comment:

Lenzie's Nana Sue Jeffries said...

Happy Belated Birthday Billy...

Have a good rest of the evening and great weekend...

Just love that portrait!!! What a Wonderful Precious Gift

...♥..Love, Lenzie's Nana Sue & Family...♥..