Saturday, June 13, 2009

Mystery Solved


So, I went to Panama City for 5 days. It was weird. The trip was planned forever ago when Billy asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I told him I wanted to go "home"....and everyone that knows us, knows that home is where Kadin is.

I visited with lots of friends. I never realized how many friends I really had until I actually tried to fit seeing all of them into 5 days.

The vacation was nice. Getting away from work was pure joy. I visited with some friends from my old job, and was asked about my job out here. I gave the "good NCO response" and talked about the "challenges of the program" and the "sense of satisfaction" I have at the end of each day. I also learned a new word:

HORNSWOGGLE.

And in my best Forrest Gump voice "Sometimes, there just aren't enough rocks. That's all I have to say about that."

And so I went to all the places I love and did all the things there that I can not do here...including Hunt's Oyster Bar. I have always believed that every person has their own idea of heaven. If I get to pick, I hope that my heaven has a Target with GREAT CLEARANCE, and a Hunt's Oyster Bar...and of course, Kadin!









So here's to going home and seeing my girls...hanging out by the pool and being completely irresponsible for 5 full days. And to my amazing husband who stayed in California and took care of Avery and listened to me talk on the phone about all of our favorite hang-outs and all of our friends, and the beach, and the great weather.









I don't think that life gets any better....

No comments: