Friday, May 29, 2009

Mars...definitely

A Long time ago, back in the 90's, someone wrote a book called "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus."
I have to agree. Men are pretty Martian in their ways, but especially when it comes to weddings.
For instance, Sarah had 3 different appointments, all on different days, to get herself ready. One for fingers and toes, one for hair and make-up, and one for tanning.

And Sarah has spent the last year of her life getting ready for this one day. It was crazy insanity...hanging the lights and lanterns, chair bows, table runners, centerpieces...it goes on and on.


Here's how boys help with lights and lanterns



It was probably better this way. Much safer for the boys....she was advertising her state of mind for all to see:

In the end, it was fabulous. She was beautiful and the wedding was beautiful. I cried, but it wasn't becasue the DeeJay didn't play the Abba songs I requested. It's becasue I am so happy for my fabulous baby sister and her amazing husband. It seems like an eternity ago that I married Billy, but I still remember what it felt like the first time I called him "my husband" And for that and those feelings, I am so happy.
Welcome to the family, Ryan.

No comments: